Friday, August 13, 2010

Add your unique perspective to a topic

I recently received my Advanced Communicator Silver award from Toastmasters International.One requirement for it was to present two educational programs from the Better Speaker Series.

The first one I did was about Using Body Language.
My club library had an older copy of the brochure, which
came with with a set of five bullet-point PowerPoint Slides with the same generic clip art background at the bottom. The slides really were just an outline, and they looked something like this:

















I illustrated my spee
ch with a lot more slides, using photos taken from Wikimedia Commons. To explain emotional gestures I added the following two slides. The second one is from that hilarious 1959 science fiction/horror movie, Plan 9 from Outer Space. It shows the crossed arms-over-chest salute that two aliens gave when they reported to their Leader.















1 comment:

Kevin Kane said...

Richard, my boss always insists that I salute him this way.